Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

Pontiac Grand Prix GT: Which is why I am asking the question

Customer Question

Which is why I am asking the question here. I know it knows to be over again. I was planning on replacing the fuel pressure sensor connector and I wanted to know where beneath the car the other end of the cable.
I would also like to know the original fuel pressure sensor connector was hard wired to the top of the fuel pump.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.As long as the connector at the pressure sensor was reconnected and not damaged then it should not be causing a fault code to set . The connector to the Pressure sensor is hard wired into the harness. Before you replace anything, give me the actual fault code you are getting and post back with it and I will help you determine what is causing it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ron the code was P0452. I have also replaced the FTP sensor circuit with no change. The voltage across the sensor at ide was 10 (red) 0 (blue) 0 (gray).
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
The code P0452 can be set due to any of the following, Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS)Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS) WiringPowertrain Control Module (PCM)Since you have replace the FTPS then I would suspect you have either a wiring concern or the PCM . In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.