Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I replaced the fuel pump through an access port in the trunk.

Customer Question

I replaced the fuel pump through an access port in the trunk. The fuel pressure sensor connector was hard wired to the top of the original fuel pump. I had to cut the hard wire out in order to remove the old fuel pump. I put in a new fuel pump and reconnected the sensor connector. The car works, but I get a ODBII error indicating a problem with the low pressure sensor from the fuel tank
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The location under the car where the low pressure sensor connector connects to
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello can you tell me what model and year Pontiac this is please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2002 Grand Prix GT Series K engine
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello the sensor is inside the assembly with the pump and level sensorand the harness plugs into the socket on the top of the unit, which sounds like you've already connected I'd say its very likely that where you had to cut the wire and reconnect the sensor then however you've reconnected the wire may need to be gone over once again