Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15+ years gm experiance and am very knowledgeable with systems and operations and diagnosis and have access to factory wiring diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Pontiac Montana: I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana Van 3.4L V6

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana Van 3.4L V6 that will run for 15-20 minutes then cut off unless you hold the pedal to the floor(it still pops and skips)....I have replaced the crank position sensor and disconnected air control and throttle positions ...with no better results.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, does the car start right back up? or does it take awhile ? if so , how long does it take?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It takes 30-45 mins unless you pull out the ignition relay out then it starts right up but only runs a minute or so
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.
ok when this happens the first thing we need to try is to spray starter fluid to see if the engine runs, if it does not then we know its a spark issue. if it does run then we know its a fuel issue.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It will not start with starter fluid after it cuts off
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.
ok so no spark, that will be a ignition control module that is what all the ignition coils sit on or it will be a bad camshaft position sensor. i would start with the ignition control module as that is the most common.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, checking back to see if there was anything that was keeping you from rating me 5 stars, if so please let me know so i can do my best to assist , thanks, ***** *****