Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2010 Pontiac Vibe 1.8 liter the motor starting to

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Pontiac Vibe 1.8 liter the motor starting to make noise out with a hundred and seventy-five thousand so it's time for a new motor . They were made at the new me plant in Mexico and Canada my question is will I senior Matrix engine be an easy swap with no issues since it came from the same factory production line
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 6 years but it had a code twice that said it was a solenoid A issue
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: It's not the transmission it still slop in the bearings and rings of the Pistons I'm worried about I want a new engine
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you explain this better "They were made at the new me plant in Mexico and Canada my question is will I senior Matrix engine be an easy swap with no issues since it came from the same factory production line "I believe are you asking is an engine change on this model hard. If thats correct then the answer is yes, it is not easy due to it being a FWD. I have the engine replacement directions if that would help. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris