Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Pontiac grand am: i have a 2001 pontiac grand am the speedometer

Customer Question

i have a 2001 pontiac grand am the speedometer does not work when you turn on the car it goes back an forth but after that it doesnt move i have replaced the speed sensor and no result. the transmission is also not shifting correctly which could also be from the speedometer. the following codes appearing c1222, c1233, p0502, po502
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Using a scan tool can you get an accurate VSS or OSS speed signal from the PCM while driving?If the PCM is not getting a consistent accurate signal then the sensor wiring and connector needs to be checked. Can you report back on that? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
"scan tool" as in one that reads the codes for a check engine light?
It needs to be a scan tool that can do more than just read codes.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris