Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Pontiac Torrent: taking drive shaft out of pontiac torrent

Customer Question

taking drive shaft out of pontiac torrent and the hub assembly on front of drive shaft will not come out of the transfercase any ideas
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** almost no gap between the front driveshaft flange and Power Transfer Unit yoke and it means that it sits pretty tight and if any corrosion between the flange and yoke , it could be a problem to remove. I would use WD-40 or even better some brake fluid and let it penetrate between the the flange and yoke. Then you can use chisel and slightly hit the driveshaft flange ( the most outer part that accessible) out. It would be nice if somebody helped you holding the shaft straight and you should drive it out strange as well as it won't come out of you only hit one side, so make it evenly.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried that the shaft sepperated from the hub flange that it what is stuck
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Do you mean the flange that is secured by 6 or more bolts does not come off of the power transfer unit flange?