rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Pearl, I replaced the battery in a key fob 07 G6.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I replaced the battery in a key fob for an 07 G6. No response from the car.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: yes
JA: Glad to hear that. How old is the battery?
Customer: I just replaced the key fob battery today
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. First try this relearn procedure, BUT, if it does NOT work, you will need to have this checked with a scan tool.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron, thanks for the follow up. I didn't have a chance to try this out yet . It has been pouring outside since mid day yesterday. Once I try your suggestion i will follow up with you.
Thanks
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks