Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have power steering fluid leaking. Just started, and it's

Customer Question

I have power steering fluid leaking. Just started, and it's a lot of fluid.
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: 2006 Pontiac G6, 3.9L V-6, manual tranny
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,Usually when you lose a lot of power steering fluid all at once it's the pressure line leaking. The return line will cause a loss of fluid but it will not dump huge amounts all at once. These can sometimes be tricky to replace. Is it something you are wanting to try and replace on your own?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again,Do you need further assistance with this?