Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

Just changed all the plug wires and plugs as well as the fuel

Customer Question

just changed all the plug wires and plugs as well as the fuel filter but car still stutters upon acceleration at times
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: original equipment
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: runs great and has a ton of pick-up
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: just that it is an intermittent thing and if you hit the accelerator hard, it stops the stuttering
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you with this issue we are going to need to know what year and model your Pontiac is as well as engine size. It would also be useful if you could scan the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with complete information when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a 2003 Grand Prix six-cylinder it had five codes but the one I recall is that the torque converter switch is locked on. This is my granddaughters car and I only get near it on weekends as I drive trick and get home on weekends. If it would help I will rescan the car when I'm home again and let you know what they were if they should show up again as I cleared them out
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Yes re-scanning it would be very useful, if you can get that done when you can and post back to this post we can work from there. If its still acting up I suspect the code and or codes will reset.