sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Pontiac G6 GT: I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 Hardtop convertible.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 Hardtop convertible. The top has not been recently up or down. But now the car says top is not secure. Cannot put the top up or down or open the trunk.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!The trunk release will be disabled if it doesn't see the top is in a closed state. Once the top issue is repaired then the trunk release will work again.If it thinks the top is open when it is not then you most likely have a bad microswitch, but it could be a mechanical issue, wiring, or the power top module itself.Did the problem start after any work was done, an accident, jump start, etc?