Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

The rear hatch won't open, doesn't even make a clicking sound

Customer Question

the rear hatch won't open, doesn't even make a clicking sound when the latch is pressed, is there a fuse that might be out?
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Pontiac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: can't figure a way to open the hatch manually, how does one change a burnt out bulb if you can't get access
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, in order to help you, I need the year and model of your Pontiac. While this may be a fuse, it is more likely to be an actuator, switch or control module and we may need to do some testing so you will need a voltmeter and basic understanding of how to use it