GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I'm have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent with a sunroof that is stuck

Customer Question

Hi, I'm have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent with a sunroof that is stuck in the vent position. there is power to the fuse, not sure where the relay is located. Not sure if there is power to the switch. Do I start at the relay?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

The sunroof uses the power window relay to power the fuse for it. That could be in the switch, which works off of a low voltage, (not 12v). There is a test that can be done to determine if the switch is bad or not. It actually involves jumping some of the terminals at the switch.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.