Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Top stopped working after door was opened. Key was turned

Customer Question

Top stopped working after door was opened. Key was turned off.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This needs done using a scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.I suspect a position switch may have failed causing this issue here needing replaced to correct this fault.But having the codes checked with a compatible scan tool will help to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete