Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

Purchased a 2007 Pontiac G6 convertible and can't get the

Customer Question

Purchased a 2007 Pontiac G6 convertible and can't get the top to go down, any ideas?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I bought the car the folding top did not work, I checked all the fuses and the switch and all work fine but can't get anything moving.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The fuses, the switch, looked at all the sensors I can find and all look's correct.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: I have a Crankshaft sensor that I changed that the code can't be learned.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

GM has released a service bulletin for a none working convertible top that may be the cause of the problem you are having on your G6. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below . Have a look at it and see if it applies. If in case it dose not then you are going to need to scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the top do not function. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.