sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a pontiac grand am Gt 2003 I having starting issues.

Customer Question

I have a pontiac grand am Gt 2003 I having starting issues . I have already replaced the fuel pump the car ran for a few hours and then it stopped again,refusing to starttrying to crank but not
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was told that it might be the ignition control module spark plugs are good air does not seem to be the problem But no one seems to know what my problem is I'm thinking of the Pontiac place but I don't have that kind of money Is their a diagnostic unit that may help me with this.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start issue. It may be a loss of fuel pressure due to a lack of power or ground to the pump or it may be a loss of spark for a number of reasons. You may have a failed ignition module or coil issues, wiring, it could be loss of signal from the cam or crank sensors.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is checking for fault codes, nearly anything causing a loss of spark will set a code. Have you checked for codes?