Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

The top on my 2006 Pontiac g6 wont go down when switch is

Customer Question

The top on my 2006 Pontiac g6 wont go down when switch is pushed nothing happens
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Don't know what else to say top just wont go down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far don't know where to start troubleshooting
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

GM has released two service bulletins that apply to the convertible top not operating on your G6. I have enclosed both of them in the links below for your review. Have a look at them and see if one and or both may be the problem you are having. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.