Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 gxp sloistice.about 30 seconds after cold start engine

Customer Question

2008 gxp sloistice.about 30 seconds after cold start engine runs rough .tail pipe black.when purchased new , brakes had problems cold. Pedal action was jerking,abruptly stopping,next is would get hard, no vacuum in booster. Dealer reprogrammed abs. One problem gone. They told me to warm up car ,then drive for the other problem. I have found the the brake pedal is good for 2 pumps ,vacuum held over nite, booster not leaking, then acts as if vacuum is gone, engine loads up at this point. 1 minute or so later engine runs better, clears out, and brakes ok until cold start up .
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am a are master tech retired. Pontiac service writer did not want to listen to entire situation.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: Everything else ok. I was hoping in time others would have this issue and a fix would be available. I have ever recalls to bring in for. I was hoping to get this issue solved also. No that warranty is expired and this issue was not resolved am I to be charged for this problem?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. Any warning lights on?
  2. When starting cold how long till you have power brakes?
  3. Do you own a vacuum gauge to check the engine vacuum, I am wanting to see if there is a valve train issue like a sticking valve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris