Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I just had my 2005 Vibe in airbag recall. The airbag light

Customer Question

Hi there, I just had my 2005 Vibe in for passenger airbag recall. The airbag light had been on for awhile before that. The dealer tells me the light is showing a B1811 code which is for the driver side bag. Do you think this will be part of a future recall? Is this an expensive fix?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** highly doubt it will be part of a recall considering vehicle is 11 years old. This is a common problem caused by a failed clockspring which is a winding of wire behind steering wheel that connects to airbag. This is a $300 part, part number 88969652 "you can search online to find it cheaper" and a 1 hour job to have installed at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, that doesn't sound too extreme.thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

No problem, let me know if you run into more questions. Thanks again and have a good weekend!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You too. Happy Easter!
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you!