GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Pearl, the window leading edge dives when raising or

Customer Question

Pearl, the window leading edge dives when raising or lowering. It then becomes stuck and must be moved into alignment by hand.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The leading edge just want to fall lower than the rear edge. Have the door cover off, and the wire is loose on the leading edge clip. How can I adjust the wire movement to maintain level window all the way through the ups and downs?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yep/
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: No ma'am.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2004 Grand AM Pont.
2.2 liter
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

I see, thanks. The regulator cables are not adjustable, however there was a bulletin for the Door Glass Sash Out of Run Channel. They shouldn't be able to move, (tilt) when the regulator is good.

The little white plastic clips do break a lot on them. Does it seem that the cable is attached at the sash and routed through the regulator correctly?

Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for the regulator as well as the bulletin in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,