sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Was having an issue with the MAF sensor in a friends 09 G5.

Customer Question

Was having an issue with the MAF sensor in a friends 09 G5. Replaced it and now it won't even crank over
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It was having the typical reduced engine power due to the MAF sensor. Replaced it yesterday and now it won't even crank.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: Pulled the battery to force a reset just to check and same result
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no crank position. The problem could be ignition switch, BCM or wiring, a transmission range sensor related issue, blown fuses, the powertrain control module may not be awake or it could simply be low battery voltage. The starter itself, cables and connections are also possibilities.

Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when trying to start it?