Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

2001 bonneville sunroof wont close all the way.the sunroof

Customer Question

2001 bonneville sunroof wont close all the way.the sunroof open fine but wont close all the way
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when i try close the sunroof it close shut .the sunroof slide back down .like if it some wrong with the cam arms
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: taking the glass out adjusting the glass and making sure the track is clear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: n
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Position Switch
  • Sunroof Cables
    In order to determine what is causing it you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below, copy and paste it to your browser to open and view them.