Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

We are trying to remove the front bumper on a 1999 Grand am.

Customer Question

we are trying to remove the front bumper on a 1999 Grand am. any tips?
plus...trying to find an online guide is next to impossible.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I have uploaded directions for removing the front bumper cover. It shows locations of retainers for it

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What you sent we already knew. I was hoping for tips to help get those clips off. Spoke to a body guy this morning and got a real tip. Hope your suggestion doesn't cost me the full 32 dollars because it was essentially useless.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

You asked for a guide as you specifically stated that you could not find one. This is what I provided at my expense - exactly what you specifically requested.

Whether you give a positive rating so I am compensated is up to you. As to what you are charged, I have no control over and do not even see that end of the transaction. you would need to contact customer service for that