Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.

Im ***** ***** and my issue is reguarding an 03 Pontiac

Customer Question

Im ***** ***** and my issue is reguarding an 03 Pontiac grand am se 3.4l v6.. its giving me a p0300 and a p0502. Also smells like there is gas in my oil.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats what my issue is. It doesnt like to start and it stalls. If you do get it to start you have to hold the gas pedal down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the fuel pressure regulator by removing the vacuum hose from it at the fuel injector rail and see if fuel runs out.If fuel runs out with the vacuum hose disconnected or any fuel is found at all even a slight residue then the fuel pressure regulator needs replaced.I have seen this fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete