Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

My 2007 Pontiac torrent is overheating I've taken it 4 times

Customer Question

Hi my 2007 Pontiac torrent is overheating I've taken it 4 times now there's no leaks I can drive on highway just fine but once I idle it's temp goes up and its starts overheating
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lots of air in system I was checking coolant daily and air would be coming out. I have heat on and off also. I did get my heat fixed in November they said it was blocked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yesterday they said they don't know what's wrong possible head gasket
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: I'm getting rid of it however I want to fix it for my daughter and yes my ex husband owns a collision shop so he's very handy and knowledgeable
JA: Our top Pontiac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Pontiac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Pontiac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 7 months ago.

Hello , what do they mean heat blocked ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Blocked heater core
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now that weather is warmer it's getting worse

ok well if that's the case its just a small radiator it self so if its blocked then the radiator for the engine should be blocked as well....but not to the same degree replace the radiator Thanks Joey

understand ? please rate my answer if we are done

If it was a head gasket it would run hot on the road as well