Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

My 2007 Pontiac torrent is overheating I've taken it 4 times

Customer Question

Hi my 2007 Pontiac torrent is overheating I've taken it 4 times now there's no leaks I can drive on highway just fine but once I idle it's temp goes up and its starts overheating
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lots of air in system I was checking coolant daily and air would be coming out. I have heat on and off also. I did get my heat fixed in November they said it was blocked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yesterday they said they don't know what's wrong possible head gasket
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: I'm getting rid of it however I want to fix it for my daughter and yes my ex husband owns a collision shop so he's very handy and knowledgeable
JA: Our top Pontiac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Pontiac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Pontiac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 10 months ago.

Hello , what do they mean heat blocked ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Blocked heater core
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Now that weather is warmer it's getting worse

ok well if that's the case its just a small radiator it self so if its blocked then the radiator for the engine should be blocked as well....but not to the same degree ...so replace the radiator Thanks Joey

understand ? please rate my answer if we are done

If it was a head gasket it would run hot on the road as well