GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 1997 Pontiac grand am. a couple of weeks ago while

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Pontiac grand am. a couple of weeks ago while I was working out of town the horns sounded. My wife was able to disconnect the battery using bolt cutters. (Obviously not the preferred tool but she is not a mechanic and it was an emergency). Now I am trying to disable the horns. I have pulled the fuse, but the horns still sound. Then I clipped the dark green wire going to the horn relay. The horns still sound. I have decided to go directly to the horns and disconnect the wires but I need to know the best way into the horns. I sure don't know where they are getting the power from, but once I get into them I can see more of the wiring.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

There are a high and low horn, (left side and right side)

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

It shows that you are waiting for me. let me send this as a test, thanks