Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

I have a 98 trans sport the wires under the hood caught on

Customer Question

I have a 98 trans sport the wires under the hood caught on fire this was only damage done they connect everthing together coming out of a mteal box on driver side and connecting to altenator and other thigs. My question is what do i call those wires to order new ones
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely this is the engine wiring harness that needs replaced.In some cases this is the only way to get these wires for your model here is to replace the complete engine harness itself.If a dealer does not have this harness still you can usually get it used and one place I use is http://www.car-part.com and they can usually ship it to your door for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete