GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I'm terrie ty help I have replaced radiator thermostat

Customer Question

hi I'm terrie ty for your help I have replaced radiator thermostat sensor water pump and it still runs hot the top radiator hose stays hot bottom stays cold
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: seems to cool off if you pull over a few min. then put car in neutural gas up and down then its fineback to normal will drive 2 or 3 more days before it does it again. the fans are cutting on at the right temperature . I believe maybe I purchased a bad thermostat please help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was this an issue before the thermostat was replaced?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.