GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2002 grand prix that I recently bought. It was

Customer Question

I have a 2002 grand prix that I recently bought. It was thought to need a new wiring harness due to it being burned wile on fire during the replacement of a radio. The car interior was a mess the dash and ac controls are melted and gone for the most part. 21st I bought this car I thought it was going to be a lot of problems but to our surprise the car started right up after a little tweaking. It drove and seemed to be fine except for cosmetic damage in the interior. While changing the battery cables to top post, I must of changed something cause the car will not turn over or fire atime all, and the security light is blinking. The problem I discovered after reading up on this car is that the key I have is a secondare key and does not lock or unlock the doorso but it does have a chip and turns the ignition over but it doesn't fire off. Can u tell me what to do and how I can save this investment from turning south?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the engine cranks over but does not start and the security light is on ever since the battery cables have been switched to a top post?