Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Tail lights and dash lights suddenly quit working, Well the

Customer Question

tail lights and dash lights suddenly quit working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well the worked one day and the next they didn't. Fuse 37 (park lamp 20 amp fuse) in the underhood fuse panel is blown and blew the replacement right away as well.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked for obvious broken wires, checked bulbs, looked for loose connections...
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: its a 98 with 136xxx miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are blowing the fuse right away then that indacates the circuit is shorted to ground. If you can let me know what model you 1998 Pontiac is I will have a look at the wiring diagram and see if I can help you locate the short to ground. Post back when you can and we can work from there.