GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Hazard lights are not working. Switch is sticking, The

Customer Question

Hazard lights are not working. Switch is sticking
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The switch for my hazard lights won't push in and I don't think it's hitting the switch.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not much. Trying to see if it's a fuse or if I need to pull out the area where the stereo is to look or what
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: No that's my only issue with it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2006 Pontiac G6 V6
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

I see, thanks. I assume that the turn signals are working?

.

Does the switch light up when the button is pressed?

.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Turn signals work but the control bar has to be held down. The button sticks when you press it
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

If the button is sticking it would have to be replaced. However, there is a test for the hazard lights inop.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks