FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5. The traction control light comes

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5. The traction control light comes on intermittently. No ODB codes.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if this comes on under certain driving conditions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It happened day before yesterday when it was raining, but not hydro plaining. Sometimes it would stay on for a while.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Most of the time this comes on from a bad wheel speed sensor. I would start by making sure all of the tires are exactly the same. If any of them are different then this can occur. If the tires are fine then a computer scan tool that can read this system would need to be used to monitor the sensors. It may be a speed sensor but it can also be the steering sensor or the yaw sensor. Check the brake fluid also as it can cause this if it is low. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it dangerous to drive if the traction light come on?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Typically it is not. This just means that the traction control system is being shut off by the computer and is inactive.