Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

How to unlock the new radio grand prix 2005?

Customer Question

How to unlock the new radio for pontiac grand prix 2005?
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your radio has to be set up with a dealers Tech 2 scan tool plugged into your vehicle or anyone else that has the Tech 2 scan tool.Below is the procedure they follow to set this up for you.They may charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours charge to do this.

RADIO SETUP To setup a new radio for the vehicle, complete the setup procedure under the Special Functions menu of the scan tool. If the new radio is not properly setup, the radio will display a locked message (LOC) or Calibrate. IMPORTANT: - The radio set up will configure the following systems: - Steering Wheel Controls - LEARN VIN - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Class 2 Radio Messages - Without learning the VIN, the radio will display a locked message (LOC).

Unfortunately this isnt like the older radios where a code could be entered to do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete