GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The Service Engine Light stays on, I get a PO410 code. What

Customer Question

The Service Engine Light stays on, I get a PO410 code. What do I do to fix this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: If I disconnect the ground cable, light goes out, if I connect my diagnostic tool, I can clear the light, but it always come back on after driving a short distance.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes mam
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been looking to make sure I can get to the pump, I have not checked the check valves yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: Not that I know of, but it has a cat back exhaust, it still has catalytic convertors on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1996 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7 lt1 engine
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

I see, thanks.

.

There were some issues on them, (a factory service bulletin). Do you know if the AP-FAN fuse is good in the under hood fuse block?

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin and the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks