George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

My name is ***** *****,My alternator on a 84 pontiac fiero

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****,My alternator on a 84 pontiac fiero 2.5 engine,has arubber boot covers a single wire.On the the alternator is mark Bat.Does this one wire go directly to positive battery cable.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm rebuilding this car.I got all wiring plug up except this.Starter is done.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The single wire is the heavy lead to the positive post of the battery. The two pin connector has a red and a brown wire. You might have to dig back in the harness to see the colors.

The small red wire runs to the positive post of the starter through a fuse link. The brown runs to the charge light.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you