Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 97 bonneville start up run while then shuts off seat and

Customer Question

Hi my 97 bonneville start up run for a while then shuts off seat and windows stop working wait for a few minutes start right away and does the same thing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I let the car sit everything works fine for a few minutes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The most common causes are faulty ignition switch or a loose/corroded body or engine ground wire. So the ignition switch needs to be tested for loose or worn contacts and replaced if needed and if ok, then all the grounds will need to be checked