GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Check engine light on i've disconnected the battery's

Customer Question

check engine light on i`ve disconnected the battery`s terminal for a few minutes and it goes away, untill i drive about 30 ***** ***** or so but id i drive through a speed bump it goes on again......Thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just that,in the engineering mode shows 14 volts at the battery and the battery charge shows zero
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 9 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

first, clearing the code does nothing as the issue has not been addressed. the light will come back on.

we need the code that is stored. you can have it pulled for free at a parts store. once we get the code. we can narrow down the area of failure for you.

Roy