Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My 2004 pont sunfire won't start. Battery is fairely new and

Customer Question

My 2004 pont sunfire won't start. Battery is fairely new and it cranks, but won't start.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Pontiac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Recently had a leak coming from the resevoir tank. I tried using expoxy to seal it =, but wife said car was still overheating and at other times would not start. I just tried jumping it and it did not completely turn.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. It is our second car and we both work in different locations.
JA: Is there anything else the Pontiac Mechanic should be aware of about your Pontiac?
Customer: None that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, proper fuel pressure, injector pulse and good compression. If you can check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.