Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2002 Montana that will not

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have a 2002 Montana that will not re-start after the car has warmed up. It cranks but will not fire.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the I turn the key it will sometimes fire but not start one time. Then it has to sit 30 min to 2 hours before it re-starts. I switched out the fuel pump and fuel filter. It didn't help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for your engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure . If you can check each one of these things when it will not start and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you get this resolved. It would also be helpful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back when you can and we can work from there.