GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The sensor is listed as no longer available. Do you know of

Customer Question

Jerry, the sensor is listed as no longer available. Do you know of a cross over or how to jump this sensor?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What sensor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry, I thought it continued on our previous dialog. The sunload sensor or ambient light sensor on a 99 Bonneville with sentinel switch. I was told the switch was obsolete and that is the only thing I have not checked and the lights still won't cut off. Can you change to a different one and swap out a plug or bypass it?
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

I see, thanks. I can't seem to find a part number for it actually and don't have any info on jumping it. Let me open it back up and see if anyone else may have an idea. Thanks and sorry I wasn't able to help with it.

Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 9 months ago.

Could you find a used one to try? I think I can help find one that could be shipped to you or possibly help you locate one nearby. I have a couple other models in mind that I think used the same sensor.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The part # ***** forgot to give Jerry was 16145852 ambient light sensor or sunload sensor. I have a couple of cars located, but didn't know what years might work. These are 2000-2002 models.

I'm showing a different p/n on my end. I'm assuming this is not a supercharged 3.8? I'm seeing two options for the 00 depending on the type of climate control fitted and neither P/n matches the one I've pulled for yours which is GM P/N : 00914032

We are looking for the light sensor on the dash not the sentinel switch correct?

The switch Pictured in my parts fische doesn;t look like a sentinel switch for that matter either. Could be a generic diagram from an older model I suppose but could you send your vin so I can be sure I'm looking at the right information?