Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Gt..(NEW..Rack n Pinion...Struts n

Customer Question

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Gt..(NEW..Rack n Pinion...Struts n shocks...Ball joints...Wheels hubs both sides..Power steering pump and belt...Also NEW Tires and NEW rims...And I took it to BELLE TIRE twice now cause the Steering is SUPER TIGHT like a Formula1 Race car..There is absolutely NO play in the steering..Its so tight that on the expressway the car always goes left or right in its lane..and when I hit a bump going around a highway curve the car feels like it jumps or scoots over a bit.. I cant steer with my knee cause the car will either go left or right real fast..? HELP ME PLEASE
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive had (2) 4 wheel alignments withen the past 4 weeks and it still has super tight steering...I like the fact that it turns on a dime but this is absolutely horriable...Everything mentioned is BRAND NEW..Even the engine and Transmission are only 3 months old..Im going to go have my tires rotated and see what that does..?? I NEED HELP PLEASE GUYS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, alignment and tire rotation will not change or resolve tight steering. You will need to have the rack and pinion unit replaced as it is simply defective out of the box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric...Can u call me if its possible brother...I appreciate what u have to say..(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry buy I am not set up for phone calls as I dont have cell service where I am at. I can answer any questions about this here or release the question to see if another expert can call you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive ABSOLUTELY found NO answers to my question...The mechanic told me the Rack n Pinion is bad..Well it was just replaced 2 weeks ago..?? SOOO. ..Im still stuck...and $26dollars short
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help???

Roy

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** can set up a Phone call if desired?