GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My car is throwing cel p0300 p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 and

Customer Question

my car is throwing cel p0300 p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 and p0171
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car idles pretty rough but other then that seems to be running fine ocational stall but on the accelerator and on highway it is fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm trying to pass emission yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?

JA: What else should I tell the Pontiac Mechanic?
Customer: i have checked all spark plugs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: replaced gasket on intake manifold
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car was recently in the shop for a transmission rebuild and repair
the car did not have any of the cel codes before it went in.
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what motor do you have?

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.8l
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4cyl

ok, thanks. the one thing that all the codes have in common is low fuel pressure. it is a common reason for the 300 code and all the individual cylinder miss fire codes. the 174 is a lean code which also supports not enough fuel. you need to have the fuel pressure checked to see the actual pressure versus what is needed. you may have a weak fuel pump.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it could be the pcv valve as well. it will throw a p0171 code for that as well

not miss fire codes. yes it could be but I doubt it

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well two things can cause a misfire air and fuel. and pcv could have a leak causing a vacuum leak and uncalculated air entering the motor. as well. I'm just also thinking of things this guys had to take apart to replace transmission. its rare for a fuel pump to slowly go out. usually they work or the don't.

why do you think it is related to the repair???

I would start by checking the fuel pressure. that will tell us a lot. once again, a vacuum leak is not the issue here unless your engine idle is abnormally high which you have not indicated

Roy