rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird and I was wondering if you

Customer Question

Hey my name is***** and I have a 2001 Pontiac Firebird and I was wondering if you could help me, we got it with it not being able to start I put a New starter, and battery on it and the lights work and everything but when I go to turn it over it won't I was wondering if you have any experience with this and can help me out thank you
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Be sure you have power to the starter from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid and be sure that the starter is indeed good too as well as the battery and cables.

Thanks, Ron