GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trying to figure my headlight problem, my low beams wont

Customer Question

trying to figure my headlight problem, my low beams wont work but my brights work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Pontiac. The Pontiac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well my day lights wont work either
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing right now i was told it might be my headlight switch but my switches still work so now im just trying to find out if its something other then the headlight switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pontiac Mechanic should know about your Pontiac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pontiac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 1 year ago.

To answer your question there is a number of different things that could cause your low beams to not function. You may need a test light or volt meter but I think I can help you get to the source of the problem!