Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My dashboard lite do not come on and my HV/AC dose not work

Customer Question

my dashboard lite do not come on and my HV/AC dose not work when I start my car I need to use the Manuel light switch for the lights to come on. This is on a 2002 Pontiac grand prix. Some time everything comes on when starting the car but when I move the selector switch on the fan to blow more are or less air everything turns off again, lights fan, etc.? car keeps running
Category: Pontiac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my dashboard lite do not come on and my HV/AC will not work when starting my car
my dashboard lite do not come on and my HV/AC dose not work when I start my car I need to use the Manuel light switch for the lights to come on. This is on a 2002 Pontiac grand prix. Some time everything comes on when starting the car but when I move the selector switch on the fan to blow more air or less air everything turns off again, lights fan, etc.? car keeps running its been over 10 min
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just swapped the relays for the fans 12193604 3604 except relay # ***** --cool fan 12193602 --3602 there is only 1
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This is a common issue in the early 2000s GP due to an internal short in the ignition switch on the accessories circuit. You will need to replace the ignition switch to resolve this

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?