Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

GM Bob, i've got an interesting one regarding a p0128 on a

Customer Question

GM Bob, i've got an interesting one regarding a p0128 on a 2006 Pontiac G6. I've recently replaced the thermo & the ECT. Each time i replaced these parts the MIL P0128 came on after she time So my question is could this really be a defective thermo or could something else be causing this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've believe the coolant is strong but I've not tested it. No more than one year old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** what has been done it sounds like your computer needs to be reflashed. The most common cause is the thermostat, I'd consider replacing thermostat with OEM AC Delco Brand if you haven't already and after that have computer reflashed. Here is a copy of the bulletin related to reflash. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptyb027x4rs9kx/p0128.pdf?dl=0

-