sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is my 2007 grand prix GT

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is my 2007 grand prix GT will not start. I tried jumping it but it will not engage. Everything turns on like it normaly should and there is only one click happening.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lets see I turn the key and all of the lights on the dash come on. I had a battery charger sys failure and the weird things is my hazards and lights on the inside of the of my vehicle were blinking after I took out the key.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A single click when turning the key to the crank position is usually a failed starter solenoid, but could be a cable or connection issue. If all these issues started at the same time though I'm wondering if you're just dealing with a dead battery.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?