GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

A wiring harness comes up from around starter solenoid on

Customer Question

A wiring harness comes up from around starter solenoid on Fiero GT. A black and Brown wire goes to ground and a green wire goes to ground But their is one more black wire that I don't know where it goes.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 10 months ago.

Hello I am Reggie here to try and help you. The black wire i would be almost certain is ground, If kinda sounds like your describing the harness for the ac compressor clutch, it is two wire connector with one green and one black wire, is this possible?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The black wire does line up with the connector on the back of the head for a ground, which leaves the longer green wire that I'm not sure of.

I've reviewed the factory wiring harness for your car all black wires are ground wires that I can see and ac compressor is only solid green I can see, is this possible

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just need to know if the green wire is also a ground. It is a solid wire

Okay I accept phone call

Your payment for phone call did not go through, I'd be happy to help you via phone. No sir the green wire would not be a ground wire.

I'm going to review y ou r wiring one more time

Sir have you resolved this issue

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I haven't resolved it and There wasn't anything about paying for phone calls to resolve the problem at a cost to me other than through this media, so just give me what you've got or I'm done with just ask

Sir what have I said or done wrong? I can help you fix your car I'm sorry your upset, I'm sorry I'm not there I can't see your car