Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Rebuilt engine with new converter 12-13 vacuum. p0132, p0446

Customer Question

rebuilt engine with new converter 12-13 vacuum. p0132, p0446
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

your 12-13 vacuum is at idle? If yes your timing chain is not installed correctly most likely.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
on the 3.4 would that cause a vibration at park and p0132, I know the p0446 can cause the p0132. The bank one o2 is reading 800-900 on avg
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the engine shows no misfires in idel or any time in the datastream.

You should have 18in/hg at idle. This needs to be corrected before addressing other problems.

Does the bank 1 sensor 1 have activity or is it solid 8-900?

Did you replace injectors? What happened to original engine?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Number 4 connecting rod spun a bearing . hot jet cleaning block. Plain one head from the car and other from junk yard. reman crank with bearing new timing kit original cam with new hydrolic lifters. 3 injectors are remans no gain on 02 stayed at 800-900.
injector balance all at 10 psi drops

If the o2 stays at 800-900 it is very rich. Are you confident plug wire and injector wires are correct?

What is the bank 2 sensor 2 doing?

Right above the oil filter is the knock sensor. Unplug this and see if anything changes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i just replaced the plugs amd wires again . The plugs are ngk g power platuim plugs, standard wires. the 02 will drop to 47 b1s1 but avg is 750-890. b1s2 is about a steady 200ish or 44o ish

Try unplugging knock sensor and let me know results

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no change in o2 reading, reinstalled connector . ,pulled up pid for knock sensor on scanner tap on exhaust manifold knock sensor is not detecting detonation. connector part of knock sensor moves around

Did it change how it runs?

The connector loose is not a concern. Not detecting knock is. the sensor may need to be replaced but I do not believe that is your problem.

Can you spray carb clean around the intake and see if it changes how it runs?

Did you torque the intake?

Are you sure you got pushrods in right places? As they are different intake and exhaust.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did spray the intake and no change , the push rods I check 3-4 times and the I intake was torque by the book before putting engine back in

OK. That leaves either timing chain off a tooth or plugs wired wrong. In my opinion

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i going with with jump a tooth, since it's secound set of plugs and wires . I will put a new cam in this time to be safe warrenty out the timing set

Please do not forget to leave a rating.