Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Here...I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana that stalls while

Customer Question

Here...I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana that stalls while driving. It will restart after several attempts. Crank sensor and fuel pump are new...any suggestions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok...vehicle starts and runs fine. After a mile or so of driving the vehicle will stumble, recover and run ok for the drive back to the shop. Next test drive, after a mile or so it will stall completely then restart after several attempts. It has the 3.4 engine in it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Have you noticed if the check engine light on when it wont start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light. No codes in history or current. Other than the stalling issue, vehicle runs FINE. Also cut the cat.convertor to eliminate that (problem) Re welded unit after no change.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. My question was does the check engine light illuminate when it stalls

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again....no check engine light
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
If the check engine light does not illuminate when it stalls it is an indication of a power loss to PCM or a bad PCM
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
When it stalls the light should come on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fairly certain that's it's not the PCM...but thanks anyway
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you understand the question. When the engine stalls the check engine light should come on.