Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Am wanting to install the G6 under dash steering unit in a

Customer Question

Miller, Am wanting to install the G6 under dash steering unit in a Pro Street S10 pick up. Can I make it work?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There are 5 wires in a plug(2 tan/2tan and black and a pink wire). Do these have to be connected in order for the unit to function?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pontiac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The best way to find out if this will work and what needs wired in is to speak with an auto accessory or modifying repair center to see if they can tell you what needs done for sure to get this to work and if it will fit.If this is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete